Is this project still active at all?

Lennart lennart at ackermans.ch
Tue Jan 12 13:10:15 CET 2021

Hello everyone,

I don't think the Kolab project is fading away, as there is quite some
developer activity on https://git.kolab.org. I think the project would
really benefit from a bigger community though. There are serious gaps in
the documentation and there is little community support. I'd like to
hear what the developers think about this issue.

About the PHP problem: Kolab works fine with PHP 7.3 on Debian 10. The
Kolab PHP libraries in the CentOS 7 package are probably compiled
against PHP 5, which is why upgrading PHP certainly breaks Kolab. You
could, in theory, try getting the PHP libraries from the Debian package,
or compile your own version. Personally, I would just stick with the
package maintainer's choice for PHP 5. If CentOS still provides security
updates for PHP 5 that would be fine with me (I have no idea if they do,
to be clear).

Kind regards,

Lennart