Is this project still active at all?

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Sat Feb 6 08:15:55 CET 2021

On 2/6/21 12:22 AM, Christoph Erhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yep, Debian 10 is supported and works fine - it's just that the documentation
> doesn't reflect that fact yet. To be precise, the documentation sources
> themselves have been updated, but the build job is currently broken, so
> https://docs.kolab.org/ hasn't seen any updates in a while...
>
> As for upcoming Debian 11 support, that's something I definitely intend to
> work on. I'm currently attempting to port libkolab to KDE Frameworks 5 in
> order to get rid of the dependency on libcalendaring and Qt 4. That's a
> prerequisite for supporting any recent distro because everybody either has
> already dropped Qt 4 or is about to do it. I haven't got a clear picture yet
> of how much of a hassle this endeavour is going to prove, so wish me luck.
>
> Best,
> Christoph

IMHO would be easy to somehow split the libkolab in two sections.

I have compiled few times the libraries on buster with cmake ..
-DBUILD_TESTS=FALSE ; that will just create the libraries needed for server.

But everything is somehow artisanal at this moment, I was forced to copy
some libraries in the apropriate place and manually install some zend
libraries ( some of them are probably not really needed and could be
replaced as zend_log since there are already some logging libraries in
the roundcube framework). Zend seems to be replaced and not officially
supported in php7.3 . Seems to still work anyway.

The server do not need qt  at all . Splitting will allow to simplify
building server packages and having the libkolab php module genarally
available which I think will help the adoption of the project.