Is this project still active at all?

Florian Beckmann florianbeckmann at gmx.net
Wed Feb 3 16:14:45 CET 2021

Hi everyone,

regarding install in Debian 10, did you see this?

http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/16/Debian_10.0/

So /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kolab.list should contain the lines:

deb http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/16/Debian_10.0/ ./
deb-src http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/16/Debian_10.0/ ./

Don't forget pinning as mentioned in the "old" docs.

I just managed to install Kolab packages on Debian testing (running on my
"workstation").

I had to downgrade a package or two (to stable, obviously, like apt install
libkolabxml1v5=1.2.0-0~kolab9, and libapache2-mod-php7.3 to provide
phpapi-20180731 - this shouldn't be necessary when running stable/buster) and
got a dpkg error with kolab-freebusy complaining about

"conffile name 'etc/kolab-freebusy/config.ini' is not an absolute pathname"

So I fetched the debian sources with "apt source kolab-freebusy", changed the
line in kolab-freebusy-1.1.2/debian/conffiles

from "etc/kolab-freebusy/config.in" to "/etc/kolab-freebusy/config.ini"

and built the package with dpkg-buildpackage.
Then installed it with "dpkg -i kolab-freebusy_1.1.2-0~kolab3_all.deb" and had
no dpkg error anymore.

I actually want to install Kolab on my old raspberry pi (which is my media/
homecloud server), but since not all packages are available for "armhf" I'm
currently fiddling around a lot with apt source and dpkg-buildpackage.
It will take a while (yeah I know I'm nuts), but I succeeded once before years
ago with Ubuntu, so I'm hopeful.

Anyway, just wanted to report it is possible to install Kolab on Debian 10.
Didn't configure/setup anything (yet)  though.

I also think the community should be more involved to provide a better user
experience. But I guess that's up to us - the community.

Cheers,
Florian