Is this project still active at all?

Thomas thomas at krokodylci.cz
Mon Oct 19 21:45:02 CEST 2020

Hi,

my experience. Installed few years ago and was happy with kolab. But as
years goes away, the community side is going away too.
- No support for CentOS 8 (after one year), no answers on mailing list.
- I have not been able to manage to switch to PHP 7 on CentOS 7, there
are missing dependencies in rpm repository.
- Few months ago there was introduced new bug in new version of
kolab-synchroton. I cannot downgrade because there are no pervious
versions in rpm repository. Still not new version with bug fix.
Activesync not usable. Had to switch all users to IMAP/CardDAV/CalDAV
accounts.
- mailman management web gui is not online more than year
- the docs looks outdated - Last updated on Aug 24, 2018 @ 12:38
- it looks to me, that community version is like one man show

Not sure if the main development is going for cloud version mainly or
for debian version mainly.
But I have to go on CentOS 7 with PHP 5.4. Because the situation looks
it goes worse I'm looking now for different groupware to switch to
(iRedMail, SoGo, mailcow, modoboa, mailinabox).

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe all is all right and I just missed something and
just can't to manage kolab to upgrade with new versions of software.
If I'm wrong, please, proove it. I would be happy.

Regards
Thomas