Kolab Now vs Kolab groupware

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Sat Jan 4 19:49:45 CET 2020

On 2020-01-04 9:03 a.m., Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> On 04.01.2020 17:11, Geoff Nordli wrote:
>> Are people actually having success now with Outlook?  What are the
>> limitations?  I have seen some posts about calendaring limitations too.
>>
>> What about Thunderbird+Lightning?
> Every client has some limitations and every Kolab service has some
> limitations. It is hard to just list all limitations. We have customers
> using Outlook via Activesync, it generally works Thunderbird+Lightning
> is working too. There are also some clients that work with Kolab and do
> not make use of all its features. So, the best way is to try for
> yourself and see if there's all use-cases you expect covered.

Hi Aleksander.

I have been using Kolab as an e-mail server only.  Probably about 15
years now with various installations for small businesses.  I keep
circling back every few years hoping I can replace Exchange Server.

I think it would help if there was a clients page like we used to have
on the 2.x wiki.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070516081516/http://www.kolab.org/about-kolab-clients.html

If it could list the different clients people are using and what the
expectations are.

If people are having success with Outlook we should be shouting from the
rooftops.

I will even volunteer to write it up.  If people can send me what they
have working, then I will put it in a document and we can post it
somewhere.

thanks,

Geoff