Outlook questions

Ladislav Slanina ladas at seznam.cz
Thu Feb 27 12:15:01 CET 2020

Good afternoon Mr. Machniak and everybody in the maillist.

I am very sorry for the late answer. But I have more information.
At first I have a long discussin with a guy who maintain windows servers and gave me answers for my questions about exchange functionality. After this discussion I discovered, I try to catch a ghost. Exchange really cannot maintain more than one addressbook per user. When new addressbook as a shared object is created user can see it but cannot set it as outlook addressbook and not possible to sync it by activesync with mobile devices. I thought MS products are a bit better.
So, Kolab + Outlook2016 + caldavsynchronizer.org is a better solution than Exchange. I use Kolab without Guam to be possible to catch IP addresses of bad imap connections by fail2ban and rest of sync is https iRony. And for mobile devices works activesync even with shared folders.

Thanks' everybody who gave me some advice and wish all good luck with Kolab :)
--
Greetings, ladas