sieve not working after migration to 16.1

Reitelbach, Thomas tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Sun Aug 16 21:53:33 CEST 2020

Hi guys,

a few days ago I migrated my kolab server from 3.3 to 16.1.
1) I installed a vanilla kolab 16.1 on a fresh server with centos 7
2) copied over the complete mail spool
3) copied over /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db / annotations.db
    copied over /var/lib/imap/domain/
    copied over /var/lib/imap/sieve/
4) copied over and imported the LDAP database
5) copied over and imported the SQL Database and applied some
manipluations on the database (changes in the schema between 3.3 -> 3.4)

So far, so good. It seemed everything was working fine, my users could
login, send mail, had their calendars and so on. One user lost some
settings in roundcube, others where fine (no idea why?!).
But now I realize that the sieve scripts are not working. They have been
copied over, roundcube shows them, but they simply get not applied as
far as I can tell.
For my own account I tried to remove them via roundcube and set them up
from scratch, but same behaviour -> simply no filtering happens.
Then I tried the vacation rule. It does use sieve as well, right?
Vacation is working as expected. What is happening here?

Sorry, I have no idea where to look for the reason and where to activate
debugging-logs?!
Can someone point me to the right direction for debugging?

Thank you very much
Thomas