Disabling recipient policy doesn't work in Winterfell

Milan Petrovic petrovic.milan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:59:04 CEST 2019

I'm in a process of setting up Kolab Winterfell after running the 3.4
version for several years and have few issues along the way.

I'm trying to disable the recipient policy, as I did in the old version but
the process somehow fails with Winterfell.

I have removed primary and secondary mail settings from kolab.conf, also
added the "admin_auto_fields_rw = true", and have applied the modified
sample-insert-user_types.php (the script runs without errors, I have triple
checked all the instances of "auto_form_fields" and "form_fields").

However, when I create a new user in Webadmin, seems like there is
somewhere still the old (deleted by me) primary and secondary email policy
active. No matter what I type for these two emails, the user is created
with the policies described in the original kolab.conf (although they have
been deleted, service restarted, etc.): primary with given.surname and
alias with the initial of the given name dot surname.

Where else are these policies defined? Where should I look?