cyrus after changing uid and mail address login not working any more

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Sat Oct 5 17:56:34 CEST 2019

Hi all,

on one account we have the problem that user can't authenticate against
cyrus anymore after name and email-adress of the account was changed.

If changing a user name in kolab webadmin - the email-adress and uid is
changed also - depending on recipient policy.

One user can't login anymore with this new email-address.

In mail.log:

imap0 imap[7496]: badlogin: [2a01:4f8:0:0:0:0:0:0] unknown
AUTHENTICATE+PLAIN+TLS [SASL(-13): authentication failure: Password
verification failed]

Password is right and

testsaslauthd -u test.user at example.org -p

gives a positive result. Also login in kolab-webadmin works.

I tried to reproduce this with an test user. Creating a user, renaming
it, Everything works fine.

I already deleted ptscache.db and restartet kolab-server, cyrus-imapd
and kolab-saslauthd.

My pykolab / kolab-saslauthd versions:

0.8.15-0~kolab1

Any Idea?

There was once a similar question on kolab-hub

(https://www.google.com/search?q=SASL+Password+verification+failed+kolab+cyrus&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-e)

but now the site is rewritten to the kolb user mailinglist.

Best regards
Jan