Installing Kolab in a container

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:07:19 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am trying to install Kolab in a docker container:
https://gitlab.com/docker-scripts/kolab
The base system is Debian9 (Stretch).
It seems to work well, but I have two problems right now, which i hope are
small and can be fixed quickly.

1. I use this command to setup Kolab:
    setup-kolab --directory-manager-pwd=$PASS --default --yes
--mysqlserver=existing
    I would like to run the command `setup-kolab` automatically, without
interaction. However it stops at mysql configuration and I have to press
Enter (no password). I have tried several trick but could not fix this
problem. Please let me know if there is a solution that I don't know.

2. After running `setup-kolab` things seem to work well. I can access
/kolab-webadmin/ and add users. I can access /roundcubemail/ and
login/logout from these user accounts, and everything seems to work.
However, if I stop the container and start it again, then logging in to
roundcubemail fails. The error message on
'/var/log/roundcubemail/errors.log' is this:
-----
PHP Error: LDAP: Bind failed for dn=uid=kolab-service,ou=Special
Users,dc=fs,dc=al. Can't contact LDAP server (POST
/roundcubemail/?_task=login&_action=login)
-----
I don't know how to debug and fix this problem. Is this a known problem or
is something that might be specific to docker?

I am looking forward for some help.
Regards,
Dashamir

P.s. What is the status of Ubuntu-18.04 installation. Can I give it a try,
or it is known to have problems?