Service cyrus-imapd does not start after restore

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:23:07 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 12:52 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 12:31 PM Jan Kowalsky <jankow at datenkollektiv.net>
> wrote:
>

>> If the problem still exists: Please try to send some debugging
>> information. But, if nothing helps, I could. But I have very little
>> experience with docker and do not feel very comfortable without direct
>> access to the cyrus instance ;-). Or is it a single container with full
>> stack and ssh?
>>

> The problem is that I am currently trying another solution (mailcow). As
> soon as I am done with this I may have another look at kolab (it is not
> possible to run to mail servers in parallel since they need to use the same
> ports). If I can't fix the problem again, I may ask again for help.

I realized that I can stop mailcow (with `docker-compose stop`) and then
run the kolab container. This way there will not be any port conflicts.

I tried the command `cyrus-master -D` that you suggested, but it does not
exist. My installation is based on Debian9.

If you have time to have a look at the server, please let me know. I can
share the screen of my server with you so that we can collaborate. I can
take care of the docker part, and you try to debug the problem with cyrus.
Let me know when you are free. We can meet on the #kolab channel on IRC.

Thanks,
Dashamir