Shared Folders with +delimiter, wallace, stuck mails, possible solutions?

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Fri Feb 22 14:32:18 CET 2019

Good day,

when addressing mails to a shared folder and using the + delimiter, the
mail does not get refused, it gets stuck in wallace.
it seems postfix does not accept it:

2019-02-22 14:22:32,774 pykolab.wallace ERROR [2286] SMTP Recipient(s)
Refused,
SMTPRecipientsRefused({'"shared+shared/sysadmin at domain.tld+nope"@domain.tld+nope':
(401, '4.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax')},)

Now, best case scenario would be when the delimiters would work even
with delimiters, but I dont know if that is realistic and how long it
might take to implement that. I would have no idea where to start.

Now, if the mails cant be put in their respective folder, the mails
should be at least delivered.

If there are certain edits I can make in config files, Ill happily try
them out - today.

But if this needs a fix, I propose that wallace could rewrite the
receiver line so the delimiter is removed and the mail can be delivered.

would be nice to address this silly delimiter shared folder problem once
and for all...