manticore repeated crash

Josh kolab.user at use.startmail.com
Mon Dec 9 16:00:35 CET 2019

Greetings,

I found my mail server not responsive this morning with a process

/bin/node /usr/share/manticore/server/app.js

constantly restarting as instructed in
/usr/lib/systemd/system/manticore.service and taking 100% CPU

Errors found by

journalctl -u manticore.service

manticore[13271]: Express server listening on 8080, in production mode
manticore[13271]:
/usr/share/manticore/node_modules/mongoose/node_modules/mongodb/lib/server.js:235
manticore[13271]: process.nextTick(function() { throw err; })
manticore[13271]: ^
manticore[13271]: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED
manticore[13271]: at exports._errnoException (util.js:746:11)
manticore[13271]: at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete]
(net.js:1012:19)

Since my hosting does not allow extended 100% CPU utilization and it has
already been running all night I could not have spent more time
investigating and rebooted, which resolved the problem.

To avoid excessive CPU next time the same problem shows up I added

CPUQuota=40%
TimeoutStartSec = 10

to manticore.service [Service] section.

Does anyone have any clues about mentioned error?

Josh.