Kolab w. ActiveSync on Android using Gmail client: Only Inbox and Sent folders are visible

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Tue Sep 25 09:06:10 CEST 2018

On 25.09.2018 08:41, Adi Pircalabu wrote:
> After setting up the account as Exchange in Gmail on the phone (LG G5
> running Android 7.0), the email clients seems to sync the emails from
> all the IMAP folders, but only Inbox and Sent folders are visible in the
> Android mail client. The emails from other folders appear all under
> Inbox. The emails from Sent folder appear under Sent.

This has nothing to do with dovecot. Historically Android did not
support folder hierarchies via ActiveSync. I'm still not sure it does.
Anyway, that's the default. We have however configuration options to
change that. You can try:

$config['activesync_multifolder_blacklist'] = array();
or
$config['activesync_multifolder_blacklist_mail'] = array();

See
https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/S/browse/master/config/config.inc.php.dist
for more explanation.

--