Kolab newbie, how do I add mail users to a kolab domain?

Wed Sep 12 10:01:13 CEST 2018

Hello Adi,

> I've just started recently to look at Kolab as a groupware suite and I
> must admit I've just hit a massive roadblock: I can apparently create
> kolab domains as "additional domain namespaces", but can't add
> mailboxes to these domains. I'm most likely missing the obvious, so my
> question(s) might look dumb :)
> Following the instructions from
> https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/configuring-the-kolab-server.html
> I went into the webadmin portal as Directory Manager and, using "Add
> Domain" link to the right of the Domains page, added a new domain
> named 0adit1.local. Select Status=active. Then I went to the "Users"
> page and selected "Account Type"="Kolab User". Filled in the mandatory
> fields, then in the "Contact Information" I'm seeing the "Primary
> Email Address" greyed out, with a preset value and I've got 2
> secondary email addresses, all 3 using the domain part of the FQDN.
> Since my FQDN is ktest1.kolab.local, the domain part used for the
> email addresses is @kolab.local.

Multi Domain can be used in two ways, as described on
https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/configuring-the-kolab-server.html#adding-domains

If you choose the "Parent Domain Name Space", then you need to reload
the webadmin gui, and select the new domain at the top right corner. it
is a dropdown, but a little bit difficult to detect.

You also will need to adjust the Postfix LDAP configuration, as
described here:
https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/configuring-the-kolab-server.html#configuration-considerations-for-multiple-domain-namespaces

You can have a look at my configuration script, perhaps it gives you
some good ideas:
https://github.com/TBits/KolabScripts/blob/KolabWinterfell/kolab/initMultiDomain.sh
Please use it only if you understand what it does, I cannot give any
guarantuee.

All the best,
   Timotheus