Status of GUAM and TLS>1.1 ?

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Wed Sep 5 11:09:42 CEST 2018

Am Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 12:49:23 CEST schrieb Christoph Erhardt:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> in my experience, Kolab 16 is just as stable on Debian Stretch as it is on
> Jessie.
>
> To upgrade, you typically change all APT sources, then run "apt
> dist-upgrade". Some manual intervention may be required afterwards: for
> instance, you may have to make sure that all PHP 5 packages are upgraded to
> their PHP 7 counterparts. That involves a bit of fumbling, but no rocket
> science. Should any questions arise in the process, feel free to ask them
> here or on IRC.

I will gladly take this opportunity to ask here: I changed my APT sources
(both for debian and for kolab) to stretch / Debian 9.0, took the usual
precautions and started the upgrade. After the minimal upgrade with apt-get
upgrade two times which went fine and upgraded a lot of packages, I get

root at kolab:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed and
are no longer required:
 389-admin 389-admin-console 389-console 389-ds 389-ds-base 389-ds-base-libs

 sa-compile sane-utils smarty3 socat spamassassin spamc update-inetd wallace
zendframework
Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 chwala erlang-webtool irony kolab kolab-webclient libcwidget3 libnss3-1d
libpcrecpp0 libperl5.20 libproxy1 libpython3.4-minimal libpython3.4-stdlib
libreadline6-dev
 libsigc++-2.0-0c2a libwxbase3.0-0 libwxgtk3.0-0 mysql-client-5.5 mysql-
server-5.5 mysql-server-core-5.5 perl-modules php-sabre-dav-2.1 python3.4
python3.4-minimal
 ca-certificates-java default-java-plugin default-jre default-jre-headless

 r-cran-survival r-recommended re2c reportbug
129 upgraded, 94 newly installed, 23 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 237 MB/240 MB of archives.
After this operation, 633 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I am not sure I want to remove kolab, kolab-webclient, chwala and irony in the
process, if they get removed it must be for some dependency problem, so I am
not sure I will be able to reinstall them afterwards. Any thoughts on this?

Johannes