Kolab 16 on Debian - upgrade error

Christoph Erhardt christoph.erhardt at sicherha.de
Mon Nov 12 10:11:47 CET 2018

Yep, the situation has been like this for quite some time: roundcubemail
includes a bunch of default configuration files and the end user must be
careful not to have their Kolab-generated configuration overwritten on every
upgrade.

But APT *did* ask politely before overwriting the file, defaulting to "no",
didn't it? ;-)

That said, I don't really see a striking reason for us to ship a default
configuration file in the first place if that file subsequently gets
overwritten by "setup-kolab". So we might as well drop it from the package, or
we could rename it to something like "config.inc.php.default".

Any strong opinions? :-)

Best regards,
Christoph