Kolab Webadmin -> run script

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Mon Nov 12 00:12:07 CET 2018

Hi Jan,

thanks for your answer.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 19:25:38 +0100 Jan Kowalsky <jankow at datenkollektiv.net> wrote:

> I would start to search here:
> https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/WAP/browse/master/lib/client/kolab_client_task_user.php
>
> At least for adding users it is the right starting point. It should be
> easy to trigger any command from inside the save function.

I think maybe I'll write some wrapper to net_ldap3's modify_entry function. Some static value plus a timer should help triggering only one event every x seconds regardless of the change count. This way it'll hit all kind of sources.

> Another approach: search continuously for modified ldap entries with
> ldapsearch and 'modifytimestamp=<SOMETHING'. If your ldap directory
> isn't too big, it should be sufficient and

I don't like busy waiting. I try to avoid it wherever possible.

Bummer: I realised even kolabd does use busy waiting and doesn't get triggered via events. :-(

> you don't have to change the
> kolab code (which could get broken after next update).

That's indeed a good point. Maybe it's possible to create some kind of a "common plugin interface" which gets accepted upstream. ;-)

(... I don't think so; my spare time is quite limited at the moment)

regards
hede