winmail.dat files

Marcel Bischoff marcel at herrbischoff.com
Mon Jan 8 18:55:01 CET 2018

Hi all,

after having set up a Kolab 16 instance on an Ubuntu 16.04 machine,
having migrated away from an older Kerio Connect version, users started
seeing winmail.dat attachments which was never the case with Kerio
Connect. Having looked into this, I found that Kerio automatically
converts these pesky files to standard MIME attachments.

Is there a reason why Kolab does not do this?

Is there a way to enable processing of those files to mirror the
previous situation?

Regarding the latter, I was able to find
http://nik.homelinux.net/files/kolab-tnef-mini-howto.html, however the
information there is rather confusing.

Thanks for pointers!

Best regards,