Kolab/Roundcube/iRony very slow/hangs

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Aug 10 13:48:54 CEST 2018

Hi Daniel,

Am 01.08.2018 um 17:13 schrieb Daniel:

> What does not work good is very slow
>   * Sending an Calender Invitation to another E-Mail-Addresse e.g. an
> gmail-address
>     * sending an invit via Roundcube to an gmail-address
>     * Event is added, and looks good

ok, no problem so far.

>     * after approx 10sec. Roundcube Calender spins and says "Refreshing"
>     * All events disapear during this time

this is something I also see sometimes. You can try to add some
debug-level in roundcube (config.inc.php) and show output of the several
logfiles (ldap, sql, imap could be relevant).

>     * Gmail receives the invit in approx 30 Minutes or longer

have a look at mail.log how the mail flow. Are the emails to gmail are
sent immediately? Does the delay is caused from your mailserver or from
gmail (maybe graylisting).

If the mail needs that long until it's send out by postfix:
iTip-Messeages are processed by wallace (you also can have a look at
pykolab-log /var/log/kolab/pykolab.log - but set the debug level in
/etc/default/wallace to -d 8 or 9 ....)

>     * Looking at the runnning processes on the server via htop, it looks
> good. No process is running at a height cpu rate
>     * During that time, I cannot sync mails, send mails from or to the
> kolab server

you mean during this 30 minutes? This sounds strange. Wallace should not
interact with imap at all.

Anything in mail.log / syslog during this time?

Regards
Jan