Kolab: roundcube failed login

steve.t.oppenheim at protonmail.ch steve.t.oppenheim at protonmail.ch
Mon Apr 2 16:21:56 CEST 2018

Hello,

Ill attempt to provide a structured formulation of my problem and associated observations & questions:

System:   Kolab 16 on Ubuntu 16.04

Problem:
1/ roundcube webmail allows users to authenticate when within local network (e.g. 192.168.2.x).   Glad to see that it does function as installed.
    Access externally though has a different result.   The web interface has been made available  external to this network (e.g. the internet, but IP address is logged as the main gw 192.168.1.X)
    When the user(s) attempt to authenticate there is a log failed created.

[TIME STAMP]  Failed Login for user at blah.org from 192.168.1.X in session <xxxxxxx> (Error:1)

Comments: I suspect there is a network domain authorization at work here.  Can someone tell me where to be able to 'tweak' the authorization rules for the network access?    It is certainly not the firewall.  Ive opened it all up.

Separate Question:   Ive got a fair amount of system resources and willing to contribute to testing etc...  Who do I call in order to coordinate / assist?

Rgs

-Steve Oppenheim