Unable to undelete emails from roundcubemail

Wed Sep 20 07:51:48 CEST 2017

Hello Homer,

> The issue is that they want to un-delete these emails and I have read
> that there is suppose to be a way to do this within roundcubemail by
> right clicking on the folder and selecting 'un-delete' however this
> option does not exist in either of two different Kolab 3.4
> installations.  (I will add that I have done recent (withing last 2
> weeks) updates of both services for the Kolab environment.

I have looked at https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/1635
and was able to recover a deleted email like this in Kolab 3.4:

Just click into the space, where there is usually the star for marking
an email as read or unread.
Once you click there, the email changes from grey to black, and I assume
it is undeleted.

Does this work for you?

It does not work for multiple emails though.
Ok, here is an open request for that functionality:
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/5133

I looked at cyrus unexpunge as well.
According to
https://serverfault.com/questions/377748/how-deleted-flag-can-be-unset-for-all-mails-in-cyrus-imapd-mailbox
Roundcube sets a silent flag with the name Deleted: -FLAGS.SILENT
(\Deleted)
see also https://www.cyrusimap.org/2.5/imap/admin/sop/deleting.html
and
https://cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/faqs/o-deleted-expired-expunged-purged.html
It seems that the mails marked for deletion are not expunged yet, and
therefore cannot be unexpunged.
We need to unset the Deleted flag somehow different.

I found the imap_undelete function in PHP:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-undelete.php
You could write yourself or ask someone to write a little PHP script
that opens the mailbox, and then calls imap_undelete on each message.

Timotheus