Kolab 3 - Outlook / Mobile Phone integration

Thomas Jensch riepernet at fsfe.org
Fri Feb 10 19:02:19 CET 2017

Hiho,

* Hermann Himmelbauer <hermann at himmelbauer-it.at> [2017-02-10T11:17+0100]:

> Moreover, I'd like to try to sync this addressbook / calendar data with
> a mobile phone (Android / iPhone).

that works quite well with a dav-client of your choice. I use davdroid
from the f-droid store without problems so far. Some configuration is
also covered at https://kolabnow.com/clients

> Some time ago syncing addressbooks / calendars was quite error-prone and
> complex (sync errors, duplicate entries, different, unmatching data
> fields...), so I'd like to know how stable this is now?

I am not a heavy user, but for Android it works quite well and so far
without issues, ymmv.

> Regarding Outlook - I consider using the Bynary Connector, however, is
> it stable? Moreover, it seems, it cannot be purchased any more - any
> recommendations on this?

With Kolab3 there is no need for a connector anymore due to active-sync
support. However, with a Centos7/Kolab3 installation I was not able to
connect that damn outlook via ActiveSync and have no idea yet, what
might be the problem (especially since I use nginx instead of the
default Apache).

mfg
Thomas