shared folder or user account

Jonas Meier jonas.meier at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Feb 4 18:49:28 CET 2017

Hi Mike,

I am struggling with the same problem and got it partially fixed.
I don't know about the receiving mails part, but for the delegation in
roundcube to work you have to adjust the roundcube settings a bit.

The relevant configs are in /etc/roundcubemail/kolab_delegation.inc.php
and /etc/roundcubemail/kolab_auth.inc.php

In kolab_delegation the LDAP filter for retrieving allowed sender
addresses is set, the other LDAP bind parameters are taken from
kolab_auth settings.
For me, I had to adjust the baseDN from 'ou=People,dc=domain,dc=org' to
just 'dc=domain,dc=org'.
Now the delegations for shared folders, which lie in
'ou=SharedFolders,dc=domain,dc=org', were found as well.
I than extended the kolab_auth_filter to
'(&(objectclass=inetorgperson)(|(uid=%u)(mail=%fu)(alias=%fu))
(ou:dn:=People))'.
So it only accepts entries which's dn have an ou=People in it.

The problem with creating a user and giving rights to other users is,
that I haven't found a way to set acls at creation time

Best regards,
Jonas