Kolab 17 Release date

Thu Apr 20 14:09:00 CEST 2017

Hello,

> Firstly, we are interested in the debian platform. Has developing
> Kolab 17 aimed at debain stretch? Or has it aimed on jessie yet? How
> will Kolab 16 behave on the debain stretch?

I just checked the packages of Winterfell. There is the target Debian
9.0, which is Debian Stretch.
This page shows which packages are built or fail:
https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/monitor/Kolab:Winterfell

Guam does not build for Debian 9.0 yet. You can argue if you actually
need guam or not.
But iRony also fails.
So those packages need someone to look into those failures.
libkolabxml and libkolab cannot be built, because they refer to php5,
but Debian Stretch comes with php7.
I made Kolab work for Fedora with PHP 7. I don't know if that just works
for Debian the same way.

At TBits.net, we are using CentOS, therefore we cannot help the
community with Debian support.
But if your company uses Debian, and is willing to help the effort, this
would be greatly appreciated!
For getting started with packaging, see also
https://docs.kolab.org/developer-guide/packaging/obs-for-kolab/introduction.html

Regarding Kolab 16 for Debian Stretch: you probably need to rebuild the
packages. At least the change to PHP7 will require that.

hope this helps,
   Timotheus