389 Directory Server error

Stephen Switzer steve at switzerbusinesssolutions.com
Mon Sep 12 17:07:56 CEST 2016

Interesting. I originally followed a guide as exactly as I could for
installing this on CentOS. I'm not as proficient with CentOS as I am
with debian based distros, and systemctl still feels a little foreign to
me. I see this:

Best regards,

*Stephen H. Switzer*
*voice:* 585.298.9420 [ x7001 ]
*cell:* 585.202.8312
*fax:* 585.625.0020
*email:* steve at SBSroc.com <mailto:steve at SBSroc.com>
/Technical Consultant & System Engineer/
- VMware VSP
- Microsoft MCP, Desktop/Server

*Switzer Business Solutions, LLC*

*web:* www.SwitzerBusinessSolutions.com
<http://www.switzerbusinesssolutions.com/>
*fb:* www.facebook.com/sbsolutions <http://www.facebook.com/sbsolutions>
- VMware VIP Partner
- HP Authorized Business Development Partner
- Xorcom Certified Dealer

    [root at kolab16 ~]# systemctl status dirsrv.target
    ● dirsrv.target - 389 Directory Server
        Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/dirsrv.target; enabled;
    vendor preset: disabled)
        Active: active since Mon 2016-09-12 01:10:38 EDT; 9h ago

    Sep 12 01:10:38 kolab16.sbsllc.local systemd[1]: Reached target 389
    Directory Server.
    Sep 12 01:10:38 kolab16.sbsllc.local systemd[1]: Starting 389
    Directory Server.
    [root at kolab16 ~]# systemctl | grep dirsrv
    dirsrv at kolab16.service loaded active running   389 Directory Server
    kolab16.
    ● dirsrv at service.service loaded failed failed    389 Directory
    Server service.
    system-dirsrv.slice loaded active active    system-dirsrv.slice
    dirsrv.target loaded active active    389 Directory Server
    [root at kolab16 ~]#

It seems that there's an extra service here. Should I delete it?