no mailbox is generated if spaces in given name

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Sat Oct 29 08:07:26 CEST 2016

Hello Jan,

> the reason seems to be in
>
>   pyshared/pykolab/utils.py
>
> while there is a replacement of spaces for surname it's not for given name.

Glad you found the reason! Well spotted!

> As far as I see it's not fixed yet in
>   https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/P/browse/master/pykolab/utils.py
Please file a bug report,
https://docs.kolab.org/contributor-guide/bug-reporting-casual.html
You can also submit a patch, as described on
https://docs.kolab.org/contributor-guide/peer-review.html#creating-a-differential-for-review,
or perhaps shorter on
http://www.pokorra.de/2015/07/submitting-patches-to-kolab-via-phabricator/

> Nobody else got problems because of this?
I am sometimes surprised that noone found an issue yet, that I or one
of our customers discovers.
My personal opinion is that the user base must be greatly increased,
by investing more into the open source community.
We need Kolab 16 for Debian, because many from the community are using that.
IMO we need a replacement for Guam, because it is just too complicated
and brings in so much more dependancies.
I will write an idea on the devel list about that.

All the best,
  Timotheus