Kolab 3.4 multi domain patched, email alias lookup fail

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Fri Nov 25 14:05:24 CET 2016

On Friday November 25 2016 12:10:46 Milan Petrovic wrote:
> I was able to have the email delivered to the addr1 at domain6 by changing the
> alias line in virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf to:
>
> addr1 at domain6 = addr1 at domain5
>
> If I leave the "=" sign out, the mail log complains that:
> fatal: /etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf, line 1-10: missing '='
> after attribute name: "addr1 at domain6 addr1 at domain5"

The normal behavior for a file in virutal_alias_maps is to be an indexed file.
I believe if you just specify a path, without a table type ... it just reads
in the contents of the file as is (as part of the configuration).

What you probably want is in main.cf:

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
	ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf,
	<other lookup configurations>

Create the file /etc/postfix/virtual

Contents :
@domain6.com @domain5.com

Run this command after modifications :
root at host # /usr/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/virtual

Which will create/update /etc/postfix/virtual.db

Then run this to reload postfix :
root at host # service postfix reload

Andy