Possible migration from 3.2 to 3.4

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Mon May 23 07:43:39 CEST 2016

Hello Christian,

> I'm still using 3.2 (multi domain as a lxc container) which runs fine so
> far. I was thinking lately to migrate to 3.4. My plan is to setup a new 3.4
> multidomain installation  and import only the user and domain database. How
> would this import look like? I could sync then all folders and mails with
> rsync. Is this approach doable? Or do I have to stick withe the description
> in the docs? Thanks

I think that is a good approach.
This allows you as well to test the upgrade beforehand.
Have a look at the documentation about backup and restore:
https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/backup-and-restore.html

It is also a good test of your backup and restore strategy.

hope this helps,
  Timotheus