Upgrading from Kolab 3.3 el7

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Wed May 11 15:58:53 CEST 2016

Hello Pasi,

> I'm currently running Kolab 3.3 on CentOS 7. What's the "best practice" for updating the system? Should I first upgrade to Kolab 3.4, and then to Kolab 16 ? Or can I upgrade directly from 3.3 -> 16 ?

Please note that according to
https://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/index.html#current-release,
Kolab 16 is the current release, but not recommended for production
deployment yet. Mind you, 3.3 and 3.4 also were not recommended for
production deployment because it was the community version, I guess.

I am personally waiting for Kolab 16.1 before I upgrade the servers of
my boss from Kolab 3.4.

I think it makes sense to upgrade to Kolab 3.4 first.
See instructions: https://docs.kolab.org/upgrade-guide/kolab-3.4.html

and as usual, try it on a test machine first, or keep a backup of your
machine...

hope this works,
  Timotheus