Free/Busy and Thunderbird

Mark Berndt kolab at mechtron.com.au
Tue Jun 21 04:39:39 CEST 2016

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:35:39 PM Gerald Brandt wrote:
> On 2016-06-20 08:15 PM, Mark Berndt wrote:

> >> Hi Mark,
> >>
> >> I do use lightning for calendar, but I'm not getting a free/busy list
> >> when I add attendees to an event.
> >>
> >> Gerald
> >
> > Hi Gerald,  It's been a while since I used it, but I recall having to set
> > the free/busy URL.  There can be problems with certificates if you use
> > them. Check your freebusy is accessible with a browser first.
> >
> > good luck
> >
> > Mark
>
> Hi,
>
> The URL's appear to work. Where in Lightning do I put the free/busy URL?
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I just had a quick look and I can't find where to put the URL (it has been
many years since I used it and was eventually abandoned).  Looking at the
synckolab doco it seems that sync kolab does not do free busy, nor does
lightning.

There is free/busy addon:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/freebusy/
which does work with .ifb format.  I have not tested this.

Cheers

Mark