Upgrade Kolab 14 -> Winterfell failed

Friedemann Schorer friedemann at schorers.org
Fri Jul 22 21:48:07 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I wanted to give Winterfell a try today and ran into trouble - maybe someone
can give me a little pointer how to fix?
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 server, originally installed Kolab 3.4, upgraded to
Kolab 14 without hassles and upgraded my system to latest package versions
before attempting to install Winterfell
Following https://docs.kolab.org/upgrade-guide/kolab-16.html I switched
repository, upgraded and then tried to follow the given procedures - but it
fails right at the first steps:

> root at mail:~# setup-kolab guam
> 2016-07-22 21:41:38,556 pykolab.setup ERROR Could not start the guam
> service.
> 2016-07-22 21:41:38,556 pykolab.setup ERROR Could not configure the guam
> service to start on boot
> root at mail:~# setup-kolab manticore
> 2016-07-22 21:42:23,108 pykolab.setup ERROR Manticore is not installed on
> this system

But according to APT the package 'guam' has been installed:

> root at mail:~# dpkg -l guam
>
> | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pe
> | nd
> |
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> |
> ||/ Name                            Version              Architecture
> || Description>
> +++-===============================-====================-===================
> =-==================================================================== ii
> guam                            0.8.3-1              amd64
> Smart Reverse IMAP Proxy

Reconfiguring it with 'dpkg-reconfigure -plow guam' doesn't solve the
problems.

Manticore on the other hand is neither installed nor available through deb
http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/Winterfell/Ubuntu_14.04/ ./ where
I got the packages from.

Now that found about these problems I'm no longer surprised that login to
Roundcube or iRony fails.

But - how can I solve this? Any hint appreciated :-)

Friedemann
--
I respect your position, Professor. I just don't share it.