Kolab 16: Problems after Update

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 7 10:19:42 CEST 2016

On 2016-07-05 10:28, Paul Ryszka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> same here on ubuntu 14.04 with kolab winterfell, temporary workaround
> is to disable sender policy:
> comment line
>  -o smtpd_data_restrictions=$submission_data_restrictions

I'm unable to reproduce the problem reported on a vanilla,
next-next-finish, fresh installation of Kolab Winterfell on Enterprise
Linux 7.

I'll do another attempt on Kolab 16, but here's the additional
troubleshooting and information gathering you might be able to assist
with:

   - in /etc/postfix/master.cf, add '-v' to the end of the line that
starts with submission, so that it becomes:

>    submission          inet        n       -       n       -       -
>    smtpd -v

   - further down in /etc/postfix/master.cf, add '-d 9' to the
invocations of /usr/libexec/postfix/kolab_smtp_access_policy. Strictly
speaking, you only need the last one called submission_policy:

>    submission_policy   unix        -       n       n       -       -
>    spawn
>        user=kolab-n argv=/usr/libexec/postfix/kolab_smtp_access_policy
> --verify-sender --verify-recipient -d 9

This will put all sorts of very verbose information in your
/var/log/maillog, which can help us nail down to determine whether it's
an upgrade thing or a software thing or whatnot.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Solutions Architect, Kolab Systems AG

e: vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
m: +41 79 951 9003
w: https://kolabsystems.com

pgp: 9342 BF08