Kolab 3.4 on CentOS 7.2 needs ClamAV installed first

Malte Schmidt-Tychsen it at 2c2.de
Sat Jan 2 16:58:12 CET 2016

Hi there,

I got my lxd CentOS 7.2 container with Kolab up and running. Great many
thanks to Timotheus Pokorra:

https://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2015/12/18/kolab-centos-and-fedora-repositories-obs-mirrored-copr-plus-fixes

-just for lxd ------------------------------
For lxd users you need to set security priviliged

lxc config set centos 'security.privileged' true

You need to set this for now anyways if you want to run apache

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/1245

And it also enables you to run firewalld in the guest.

localhost cert:

I don't know if this is true for CentOs 7.2 vanilla installs outside of
lxd, but the lxd image from linuxcontainers.org doesn't have or doesn't
generate the localhost.crt and localhost.key files. The Kolab install
fails without those. So you need to generate them before installing kolab.

There is no dependency on ClamAV, but you need to install it before
installing kolab. Otherwise the installation of Amavisd won't work. Thus
I did this:

   yum install clamav-server clamav-data clamav-update clamav-filesystem
clamav clamav-scanner-systemd clamav-lib clamav-server-systemd

Now you can install Kolab from Timotheus Pokorra's repository. I did the
same install with the packages from Kolab OBS and couldn't send or
receive mails. They got stuck somewhere in amavisd. But I couldn't make
sense of the error messages.

Thx to the the Kolab team. Awsome software, I must say. :-)

Malte

PS: You also get an error message because
roundcubemail-plugin-zipdownload is missing in the dependencies.
Therefore I installed it afterwards with:

yum install roundcubemail-plugin-zipdownload