Securing Kolab 16 on Centos 7 howto questions.

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at algo.mur.at
Tue Feb 23 23:12:00 CET 2016

Hello,

I just set up a Kolab 16 on dedicated Centos 7.0  VM following mostly the installation guides and
it seems to work nicely, thanks for all the effort.

Before I go public I want to secure my setup

and trying to follow the HOWTO
 https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/secure-kolab-server.html[1]
 (this seems to be for kolab 3.4)
some questions arised what services to secure:

Securing

  a) Services which need a dedicated Certificate (for TLS)
  b) Services which use internal certificates (for eg. localhost)
  c) Services using unsecure connections (for speed)

My vote:
 All apache services  for a)
 Mail transport postfix for a)

Unkown:

Since now guam is a proxy to cyrus-imapd:

- Should proxy connection between cyrus and/or guam be secured ?

- Securing cyrus managesieve connection ?

- Manticore ?

- any other suggestion ?

thanks.

mfG