One address with more recipients

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Fri Apr 29 10:14:13 CEST 2016

On Friday April 29 2016 08:35:36 G+M Dorn wrote:
> Thank you for the information.
> Does it works also with additional external addresses/aliases?

No.  If you want to include an external email address in a distribution list,
you must add a "Contact" type user with that external email as the primary,
and then you may add that contact to the distribution list.

> I created such an group and try to add additional email aliases.
>
> I defined this aliases only on the group.
>
> And the server says, the address does not exists if i try to send an email
> to such an address.

I don't understand exactly what you mean here.   If you are saying you can not
create an email alias for a distribution group ... that is correct in the
meaning there is no "alias" field.  You would have to create a second group ...
a dynamic one to share the same member list.

For example, if you wanted group1 at domain.com, and group2 at domain.com to be
delivered to the same set of users : (user1@, user2@, contact1@, user3@,
etc.), and do not want to maintain 2 lists of static users then you can create
a Dynamic distribution list, and point it to the LDAP object of the first.

Andy