Delegates for Mailadresses with only one word before the @

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Wed Apr 13 17:50:41 CEST 2016

Hi Matthias,

your question is already some weeks old. I hope the answer is still
valuable for you.

Am 29.03.2016 um 13:30 schrieb Matthias Hütter:
> Hello,
> as an account always needs a first-name and a last-name I entered
> accounts like office.office at example.com with an Alias office at example.com

this doesn't has to be like this. You can easily adjust the
recipient-policy in kolab.conf for e.g. using surname at domain.org or
firstname at domain.org

Just search for the topic recipient policy in documentation or mailing list.

e.g.

primary_mail = %(surname)s@%(domain)s

Another way is to disable the recipient-policy and configure the
autogenerated fields for read-write. Then you can choose an
email-addresses other then the one from the recipient policy.

daemon_rcpt_policy = False
admin_auto_fields_rw = false

> When I delegate this account the delegates can only choose
> office.office at example.com which is unwanted.
>
> What can I do to allow delegates sending with office at example.com?

Adding someone as a delegation to the office.office at example.com means
this person is allowed to write with all aliases of this user. So if you
configure a identity in any email client you can either choose the
primary address or any alias.

Unfortunately I haven't found out how to achieve this also in
roundcubemail. I tried to configure this in kolab_delegate.inc.php and
kolab_auth.php - but without success.

Any Idea of somebody else?

Regards
Jan