Experiences for packages for Kolab on Ubuntu

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Tue Apr 5 22:28:12 CEST 2016

> I found packages for Kolab 14 on Ubuntu 14.04 at
>
> http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/14/Ubuntu_14.04/
>
> but I did not check them yet. However, at that place there are no packages
> for Kolab 16 on Ubuntu. I'm wondering if it is worth the effort to try Kolab
> 14. What are the important changes? Since the kolab-homepage changed, I
> cannot find anything anymore...

I don't think that is an official release.
There are no sources for the packages (compare to
http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/3.4/Ubuntu_14.04/).
There are also no packages for CentOS, which is the primary
distribution for Kolab.

I think only Kolab 16 was released in the public, but Kolab 14 is
still only available to Enterprise customers.

By the way, I found the interesting information that will go to the
documentation soon: https://git.kolab.org/D122
"The most recent version of Kolab is 16.0. This is a preview release
appropriate for pilot projects,
testing, and development.  It is not recommended for production
deployments at this time.
You can help Kolab 16 reach production readiness by using Kolab 16.0,
keeping it up to date, and reporting issues"

Timotheus