Bulk Creation

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Wed Sep 30 18:45:01 CEST 2015

Hello Paul,

> We are migrating about users from our exchange to Kolab 3.4. Is there any way to mass create email addresses? I know this question has been asked before but I would like a script example if possible and a short how-to

I have this script in PHP:
https://gist.github.com/tpokorra/7315298#file-upgradeldifkolab-php-L110
You might be able to adjust it to your purposes.
I have linked to the function function importUser().
I was upgrading from an existing ldap structure, so did not need to
touch all fields. You would need to find out the names of the fields
and set them in PHP.

The alternative would be as mentioned the other day on this list, to
extend the kolab add-user command to accept command line parameters:
http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2015-September/019991.html
If you file a bug for this feature request, we can perhaps use
https://www.bountysource.com to fund that feature? And find someone
who does it, actually I might be interested to do that :)

hope this helps,
  Timotheus