Can't send to parent domain (attention postfix masters)

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Tue Sep 15 23:35:31 CEST 2015

Hi Paul,

Am 15.09.2015 um 01:03 schrieb Paul Bronson:
> Hi guys!
>
> I set up a multi-domain installation of kolab 3.4 on my centos 6 server.
> Everything works perfectly except for this..
>
> My server is called:
>
> es1.domain.com
>
> My email address is jdoe at domain.com (same domain at the server) and when
> users (on this es1 server) are trying to send me an email, it's looking at
> the local transport map to deliver it to that domain, but it's hosted
> somewhere else, not on this server. So they get a failed message.
>
> Based on the directions here (
> https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html) how can I turn off looking
> at my local parent domain for mailboxes and just deliver it out?
>
> I tried adding in my own concoction:
>
> sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relayhost_maps

we have also some domains we host in ldap only for some groupware
features and ldap authentication of other services but mails are stored
somewhere else. So we do it in the following way:

* adding an ldap attribute to the domains not meant to receive emails
* configuring ldap filter in mydestination

Since there is already the attribute inetdomainstatus (accessible via
kolab-webadmin) we use this and set it to suspended. Then we configure
in mydestination.cf:

query_filter = (&(associatedDomain=%s)(!(inetDomainStatus=suspended)))

hope this helps.

Best regards
Jan