Partitioning and manually start after boot

Gregor Adamczyk g.adamczyk at netkult.eu
Thu Sep 3 07:30:08 CEST 2015

Hi folks,
I am doing a fresh debian jessie installation with kolab 3.4.

My intention is to use an encrypted file system for data.

So my system must boot without starting any kolab service because I will
start the services manually after the boot and mount my file system.

According to:
https://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/preparing-the-system.html#partitioning

I have to prepare these folders:
drwxr-xr-x.  3 root  root  4096 May 11 11:49 /var/lib/dirsrv/
drwxr-xr-x. 7  mysql mysql 4096 May 11 15:34 /var/lib/mysql/
drwxr-x---. 20 cyrus mail  4096 May 11 17:04 /var/lib/imap/
drwx------. 3  cyrus mail  4096 May 11 15:36 /var/spool/imap/

and now my question.
Will this disable all services during boot?

update-rc.d kolab-server disable
update-rc.d kolab-saslauthd disable
update-rc.d cyrus-imapd disable
update-rc.d dirsrv disable
systemctl disable dirsrv.target
update-rc.d wallace disable
update-rc.d apache2 disable
update-rc.d mysql disable

and the other question:

Will this start all services correctly and in the right order?

service dirsrv start
systemctl start dirsrv.target
service kolab-server start
service kolab-saslauthd start