Kolab Hanging after 24 hours and 389 directory server not starting

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Wed Oct 21 23:43:16 CEST 2015

On Wednesday October 21 2015 22:21:16 Peter Jennings wrote:
> Andy
>
> I ran the following:
>
> root at mail:~# systemctl unmask dirsrv.service
> root at mail:~# systemctl start dirsrv.service
> Failed to start dirsrv.service: Unit dirsrv.service is masked.
> root at mail:~#
>
> then i ran
>
> root at mail:~# systemctl mask dirsrv.service
> Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/dirsrv.service to /dev/null.
> root at mail:~# systemctl unmask dirsrv.service
> Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/dirsrv.service.
> root at mail:~# systemctl start dirsrv.service
> Failed to start dirsrv.service: Unit dirsrv.service is masked.
> root at mail:~#
>
> the same thing happens.
>

>From reading online ... last wild stab in the dark ... maybe manually symlink
the service file :

ln -sf /usr/lib/systemd/system/dirsrv.service /etc/systemd/system/multi-
user.target.wants/

(paths might need altering?) ... I'm not sure ... I just copied and pasted,
changed the service name.

If that doesn't work ... then you'll need to file a bug report with debian
directly.   Maybe the sysytemd unmask is not working properly?   I can't
really say.

Re-install / restore from backup, which I assume you are trying to avoid.

Andy