Kolab Hanging after 24 hours and 389 directory server not starting

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Wed Oct 21 22:55:36 CEST 2015

Hi Peter,

Am 21.10.2015 um 22:24 schrieb Peter Jennings:
> I have installed kolab on a fresh debian jessie install and am having
> issues with regard to the following
>
> 1)after 24 hours it seems to hang , i thought this may be apache,
> however, i have checked other web services such as webmin and they are
> running ok.

I remember that there's some nasty bug that causes Apache to freeze when
it's reloaded. Logrotate in Debian reloads Apache every time it rotates
its logs. Simply changing 'reload' to 'restart' in
/etc/logrotate.d/apache2 works for me.

Seems like the bug is somewhere in a Kolab PHP module.

Cheers,
 jonas