Kolab 3.4 - Recovery of previously lost emails in Inbox using the reconstruct command leaves all emails marked as unread

Homer Dokes hdokes at mail.inct.net
Tue Oct 13 06:33:51 CEST 2015

Greetings all,

I have a Kolab 3.4 server set up with about 60 users.  Today one of
those users needed to shut down their workstation for some office work
to be done.  Once he did, his IPhone (also configured for the kolab
server) suddenly lost all emails in the inbox.  Further review through
the roundcubemail web interface showed all inbox email gone.  All other
sub directories were fully intact.

I could see that the emails actually were still in the users mailbox
(directory) on the server and I was able to restore the inbox emails
using the reconstruct command however all emails are now showing unread
(only in the Inbox, all sub directories are showing as read) and all
marked for deletion emails are showing not deleted so I now show over 17
thousand emails and the quota is exceeded.

Is there another file that needs to be re-synced with the actual email
files in the users mailbox (directory) and what would the form of that
command be?

Thanks,

hdokes