Configuration Help

Sultan Ghaznawi shghaznawi at telusmail.net
Fri Oct 2 21:51:38 CEST 2015

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I am very new to Kolab, so I appreciate your
patience.

I have installed Kolab on an Ubuntu 14.04 server. I am able to login as the
LDAP admin and create new accounts. The server is running virtually and sits
behind a firewalled router. I would like to do a proof of concept for using
Kolab in our production environment but I am stuck at how to configure
incoming/outgoing mail settings.

I have spent a lot of time on the documentation and it doesn't explicitly
talk about how I should configure the Kolab server to send out mail and I am
very confused with regards to how incoming mail is handled. I know that I
need to add an MX record to the domain name in question, but I do need some
help and any guide/tutorial out there would be very helpful.

After reading about Kolab and spending time on the demo servers, I am very
appreciative of all the effort that has gone into this truly open source
software and share the vision of its developers in terms of its growth
potential. Please help me get a working Kolab server in place as I would
like to get involved and contribute.

Thanks,

Sultan