roundcube installed on other server

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Fri Oct 2 13:08:46 CEST 2015

On Friday 02 October 2015 13:59:57 Dumitru Catalin wrote:

Sorry for my previous question, i was not very specific. I don't want to use
roundcube like an ordinary email client, i want to be able to use the whole
features of kolab like calendar, notes, global address book, and file cloud.

Thank you!

I never really tried but it should work.
Roundcube need imap access for mails and personal calendar, contacts
etc.
I'm not sure about cyrus, on dovecot the metadata access can be limited
IP based ( the metadata feature can be available only for localhost so you
need to change that setting if is true for cyrus either )
You also need to access the ldap server for GAL and i think for kolab_auth
module . So you need to enable access for those services from webserver.

Additionally, you need to have libkolabxml on the server running roundcube
( that's mean the php extension and the libkolabxml.so library)

.. and probably you will need to tweak the roundcube config manually, but i
think it is not difficult.

On 2 October 2015 at 12:41, Dumitru Catalin <d.i.catalin at gmail.com[1]>