Caldav feature

Aleix Dorca Josa adorca at uda.ad
Sat May 16 10:45:21 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I’m having problems using the Caldav feature from the kolab calendar plugin.

I have a fresh Roundcube 1.1.1 installation that is only configured to use an imap and a smtp server. Nothing more.

I have followed the instructions at https://gitlab.awesome-it.de/kolab/roundcube-plugins/tree/feature_caldav) to:

- Clone the repo
- Checkout the feature_caldav branch (I’ve also tried with different branches and versions)

After obtaining the code I copied all the plugins to the plugins folder in RC.

I modified the calendar config.inc.php only to enable the caldav driver, nothing more.
Next I’ve uploaded to Mysql all the drivers initial code. No problems so far.
Finally, I enabled the calendar plugin in config.inc.php in the RC configuration.

At this point I can login into RC and access the calendar plugin. This is when the problems begin. Whenever I click on ‘Calendar’ I get this message: "Resource ‘’ has no collections."

I’ve enabled debugging for the caldav driver and the console and errors files report the same problem:

- Resource ‘’ has no collections.
- Could not connect to host ‘'

This is strange because, so far, I have not yet added or configured any caldav calendar.

So I try to add a new caldav calendar with the same result:

- Resource ‘’ has no collections. (The item could not be saved)

If I manually add the calendar directly into the mysql database then it works fine (somewhat). I can see the calendar and add/delete/modify events (The event participants function does not work, though).

I also tried the option to ‘calendar_preinstalled_calendars' at login to try to have a calendar already available and avoid the "Resource without collections" error. This does not work either, there’s a missing function that I have not been able to find anywhere (insert_default_calendar).

Anyway, can anyone enlighten me on something I may have done wrong? I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Aleix.