WebAdmin Access

Ed Huott ehuott at huott.org
Thu May 14 17:55:49 CEST 2015

Kolab relies on extra schema and configuration information that is
stored in LDAP. It must have the permissions to create the objects into
which to store this information.

In a case where you don't have admin rights to your main LDAP server,
you would probably be better off creating a separate LDAP instance to
which Kolab has admin rights and synchronize it from the main LDAP
servers to get access to the existing user information there.

That said, I'll remind you that I am a relative Kolab newbie. There may
be others on this list who can suggest a simpler solution. On the other
hand, I do have some good LDAP experience and had to dig around a bit to
iron out some bugs in my initial setup. It seems to me that not having a
fully functional LDAP back end kind of defeats the purpose of installing
Kolab since LDAP is the "glue" that it uses to tie together the
different services (Postfix, Cyrus IMAP, Roundcube, etc.).