Resources in multi-domain setup. Does it work in Kolab 3.4? (Bug in doc found !)

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Sat May 9 20:23:42 CEST 2015

Hello Felix

thanks for your research

>  NOTE: DO NOT put quotes around the result format!
>
>  Kolab upgrade guide:
>  https://docs.kolab.org/upgrade-guide/kolab-3.4.html [4]
>
> Change the result_format to be enclosed by quotes otherwise you
> can’t deliver mail messages to shared mailboxes that contains spaces
> in the mailbox name. result_format = "shared+%s"

It was me who was suggesting putting quotes around the result.
The quotes should ensure that the mail will find its correct folder
when delivered using lmtp.

It's not ment for any other ldap searches to find the next result.

I've the strong feeling that your postfix ldap search is just wrong.
When looking up for resources the ldap search for shared folders should
not return the storage location. In fact the wallace should intercept
the resource booking request and process the mail.

Fixing your sharedfolder ldap_query should fix your problem:

------------
query_filter =
(&(|(mail=%s)(alias=%s))(objectclass=kolabsharedfolder)(kolabFolderType=mail))
result_attribute = kolabtargetfolder
result_format = "shared+%s"

Filtering for kolabFolderType=mail will not create a match when
you lookup for a resource, cause the resource has
kolabFolderType=event.

--
Best Regards
Daniel Hoffend