active directory synchronisation

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.es
Mon May 4 10:18:26 CEST 2015

El Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 06:58:58PM +0000, Richard AKRA va escriure:
> Hi
> I am new to KOLAB and willing to use it instead of Exchange as our company
> groupware.
> for this to be complete i need to have the same user in my active directory
> as in my kolab in order to use the contact pane.
>
> I have only see option to sync  the password but not the profil.
> I know 389 DS give the option for the sync to happen can someone please
> help me on this.

I syncronize an openldap directory against a samba server and a second
openldap server (that one is the one I use with kolab) using LSC
(http://lsc-project.org/).

I have LSC running in daemon mode and all works OK (the SAMBA and Kolab's
OpenLdap servers are used as read-only for all user related data, including
passwords).

I guess that you could use LSC to sync an ActiveDirectory to a 389 DS
directory copying only the data you want.

Just my 2 cent.

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.es>               <http://www.iti.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2